Before initiating any wire transfer to another bank, it essential to know the transit number of the particular bank. In this case, if you want to receive payment on your CitiBank account then you had to share the Citibank routing number with the particular person from whom you want to receive payment.
Check Routing number of CitiBank – Region-wise list
- New York (NY/NYC) – 021000089
- California (CA) – 321171184 (North) / 322271724 (South)
- Illinois (IL) – 271070801
- Florida (FL) – 266086554
- South California – 322271724
Below is the complete list of routing transit numbers (RTN) with respective regions.
|California, Northern — |
(including San Francisco & Central California)
| California, Southern — |
(including Los Angeles & San Diego)
|Virginia and Washington, D.C.||254070116|
Moreover, if you can’t find your region or maybe you are not sure where you opened your account then you can always CALL – Citibank at 800-374-9700 for any assistance.
Find Your Routing Number Online
In case, if you can’t find your region’s routing number in the above table then no need to worry. You can find the routing number online as well! The following are the methods to find your region’s transit number.
- Check their website: Citibank has listed these transit numbers for wire transfer and checking accounts. You can always find these RTN number there.
- Online banking: Another way to find out these numbers is through online banking. All you need to do is to log in to your account (bank account) and you can find your number there.
- CheckBook or Statement: One of the easiest ways to find out the transit number is by the checkbook or bank statement. Take out your checkbook or bank statement and you can find the routing number on the check. Check at the bottom left corner on your check leaf and you will find a series of numbers. The first nine digits will be your RTN number.
- Fed Wire: Last but not least, you can always confirm your transit number through the official website of the Federal Reserve.
The reason for using the routing number is to ensure that your payment is sent to the recipient safe and sound. Furthermore, the official website is the only recommended website to verify the number.
Are All Citibank RTN Number Same
No! For a different region, you need a different ACH transit number to carry out a transaction. You need to use these routing numbers of the bank according to the transaction that you will make. Moreover, you might need one set of numbers to receive ACH wire transfer and another different number to pay your automated bill.
How to send money
Before you apply for money wire, you might consider reading how to transfer money internationally or overseas. Sending money overseas is different than domestic. In other words, the whole procedure, as well as data, is different for international wire transfer.
In fact, an international wire is more complicated, for you as well as the bank, then domestic wire. Following is the information you will need to know for making an international wire transfer.
- The beneficiary’s full name
- The location as well as the name of the beneficiary’s bank
- The beneficiary’s account number
- The SWIFT or BIC code (SWIFT is also known as Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication code)
- The CHIPS UID (also known as Clearing House Interbank Payments System Universal Identifier)
Citibank Swift Code Number for International Wire Transfer
In case of domestic wire transfer, you only need the ABA routing transit number but if you want to send money overseas then you will also need SWIFT code. The swift code for CitiBank is CITIUS33.
Swift code of Citi bank
Citi bank Routing Number for ACH Transfer
You need to add an ACH transit number to carry out an ACH transfer to any Citibank account. It is necessary to use the ACH routing number for domestic transfer. The ACH number can be found from the above table.
Conclusion: Citibank has a different routing transit number for different states. These Citibank routing numbers are shown above in the table but even if you can’t spot your region’s RTN number then there is no need to worry. You can easily find your RTN number by calling bank customer care.
If you have any issues, feel free to comment below with your problem we will help you out with the exact solution.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Citibank New York (NY) Routing Number?
What is the California Routing number of Citi bank?
- Northern California (San Francisco and Central California):- 321171184
- Southern California (Los Angeles and San Diego):- 322271724
What’s my Citibank routing number? (Region list)
- For New York (NY/NYC) Region – 021000089
- For California (CA) Region – 321171184 (North) / 322271724 (South)
- For Illinois (IL) Region – 271070801
- Florida (FL) Region – 266086554
- South California Region – 322271724
What is Citibank SWIFT Code?
Here is the swift code: CITIUS33
Is the routing number the same as ABA?
YES, Both ABA & Routing numbers are the SAME.
How do I get my bank’s routing number?
Get your routing number of any bank from the below options:
- Check leaf / Passbook
- Online Banking option
- Official Bank Portal
How to find your bank account number?
Get your bank account number from the below options:
- Check leaf / Passbook
- Online Banking option